Distributed Wind Energy Association’s (DWEA) Mission
To promote and foster all aspects of the American distributed wind energy industry. Distributed wind is the use of wind turbines at homes, farm and ranches, businesses, public and industrial facilities, off-grid and other sites connected either physically or virtually on the customer side of the meter to offset all or a portion of local energy consumption or to support grid operations.
Join the Distributed Wind Energy Association to
- Provide a unified voice for all members and sectors of the distributed wind industry
- Develop federal, state and local policies that support the responsible expansion of the distributed wind energy market
- Eliminate unwarranted barriers to the use of distributed wind energy
- Develop and promote industry best practice policies and standards that will foster the safe and effective installation and operation of distributed wind systems
- Participate in public and consumer education to increase awareness of distributed wind
Benefits to DWEA Members
- Shape policies that favor Distributed Wind
- Access to permitting and zoning resources
- Learn Industry Best Practices
- Highlight company success stories and case studies NEW!
- Member Logo on web site
- Receive action alerts
- First choice for sponsorship and exhibition
- Discounted registration for DWEA and AWEA events NEW!
- Access to Member Center
- Free access to monthly webinars NEW!
- Participate in DWEA Committees NEW!
- Network with Industry Leaders NEW!
- New Member highlight in DWEA newsletter NEW!
- Host/participate in regional networking events NEW!
Participate with your colleagues from across the country to promote positive change eliminate barriers and create opportunities. The most effective and useful way for members to participate at DWEA is to become involved at the committee level. Each committee is managed by co-chairs and populated by the membership base. Subcommittees are formed as needed and by member- ship recommendations.
- Federal Policy
- State Policy
- Permitting & Zoning