The Distributed Wind Energy Association (DWEA) is a collaborative group comprised of manufacturers, distributors, project developers, dealers, installers, and advocates, whose primary mission is to promote and foster all aspects of the American distributed wind energy industry. Distributed wind, commonly referred to as small and community wind, is the use of typically smaller wind turbines at homes, farms, businesses, and public facilities to off-set all or a portion of on-site energy consumption.
The fundamental goals of DWEA are to:
- Develop a federal, state and local policy environment that supports the responsible expansion of distributed wind energy
- Reduce or eliminate unwarranted barriers to the use of distributed wind energy
- Provide a unified voice for all members and sectors of the distributed wind industry
- Develop and promote industry “best practices” policies and standards that will foster the safe and effective installation and operation of distributed wind systems
- Participate in public and consumer education
DWEA seeks to attract members and associates from all sectors with relevant interests pertaining to the distributed wind industry.
DWEA is a not-for-profit (501c6) membership-based trade association chartered in Vermont.
- Executive Director – Jennifer Jenkins
- Program Manager – Annie Sznajder
- President – Mike Bergey, Bergey Windpower
- Vice-President – Kevin Schulte, Sustainable Energy Developments
- Secretary – Heather Rhoads-Weaver, eFormative Options
- Treasurer – David Blittersdorf, All Earth Renewables
Board of Directors:
- Officers and Roger Dixon
- Haley Estes
- Glenn Johnson
- Dan Juhl
- Tal Mamo
- Brett Pingree
- Mick Sagrillo