Our Wind, Our Power, Our Future
The Distributed Wind Energy Association (DWEA) is a collaborative group comprised of manufacturers, distributors, project developers, dealers, installers, and advocates, whose primary mission is to promote and foster all aspects of the American distributed wind energy industry. Distributed wind, commonly referred to as small and community wind, is the use of typically smaller wind turbines at homes, farms, businesses, and public facilities to off-set all or a portion of on-site energy consumption.
The fundamental goals of DWEA are to:
- Develop a federal policy environment that supports the responsible expansion of distributed wind energy
- Reduce or eliminate unwarranted barriers to the use of distributed wind energy
- Provide a unified voice for all members and sectors of the distributed wind industry
- Develop and promote industry “best practices” policies and standards that will foster the safe and effective installation and operation of distributed wind systems
- Participate in public and consumer education
Join our nation’s largest collection of wind energy companies and organizations today!