- This event has passed.
Kansas Distributed Generation Workshop
September 27, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Please join DWEA for a Distributed Generation Workshop co-hosted by the Clean Energy Business Council and Kansas Department of Commerce alongside the Kansas Energy Conference September 26-27 in Wichita, Kansas. The half-day Distributed Generation Workshop will follow the conference on September 27th and will be presented as an add-on option for conference attendees.
During the conference and workshop attendees, sponsors, and presenters will participate in general and breakout sessions, meet local and national energy experts, and visit diverse exhibits. Rural cooperatives and utilities, farmers and agricultural producers, state and local policy makers, cleantech industry members, major developers, corporate purchasers, and all other interested parties are invited to participate. The full conference agenda, registration information, and additional details are available here. We hope to see you in Wichita!
Distributed Generation Workshop
Wednesday, September 27th
12:00PM – 5:00PM
Lunch and Facilitated Discussion
12:45PM – 2:15PM Panel I
DG 101: The Fundamentals of Distributed Generation
Moderator: Bob Solger, Solar Design Studio
- Residential Solar – Mark Horst, King Solar
- Small Commercial and Industrial Solar – Ian Spomer, Cromwell Solar
- Distributed Wind for Agricultural and Commercial/Industrial Applications – Trevor Atkinson, Northern Power Systems
- O&M and Engineering: DG Wind and Solar – Patrick Rush, Ethos Distributed Solutions
- Eocycle Kansas Distributed Wind Case Study – Matt Pascal, Alternative Electric
2:15PM – 3:30PM Panel II
Success Stories: Telling the Tale of DG in Kansas
- Bob Dixson, Mayor of Greensburg, KS
- Kansas Representative Boyd Orr, Fowler Feeders
- Mike Morley, Midwest Energy, Inc.
- Bill Dorsett, Flint Hills Renewable Energy & Efficiency Cooperative, Inc. (FHREECK)
- Dr. Bill Wentz, National Institute for Aviation Research at Wichita State University
3:30PM – 3:45PM
3:45PM – 5:00PM Panel III Moderated Discussion
State of the State: Panel Discussion Defining the DG Market in Kansas
Moderator: Jennifer Jenkins, Distributed Wind Energy Association (DWEA)
- Why Kansas is So Appealing? – Jason Kaplan, United Wind
- What’s Hot in Solar? – Scott White, Cromwell Solar
- Political Landscape: Current Incentives and Opportunities – Dorothy Barnett, Clean Energy Business Council
Thank you to the DWEA Kansas Distributed Generation Workshop Sponsors!