The Distributed Wind Energy Association (DWEA) is a collaborative group comprised of manufacturers, distributors, project developers, dealers, installers, and advocates, whose primary mission is to promote and foster all aspects of the American distributed wind energy industry. Distributed wind, commonly referred to as small and community wind, is the use of typically smaller wind turbines at homes, farms, businesses, and public facilities to off-set all or a portion of on-site energy consumption.
DWEA seeks to attract members and associates from all sectors with relevant interests pertaining to the distributed wind industry.
NEWS FROM DWE13
|Wind energy conference held
The Distributed Wind Energy Association kicked off its annual conference in Rochester on Tuesday. Groups joined forces to talk about ways to make improvements with distributed renewable energy. People are using wind turbines to off-set all or a portion …
|Xzeres, Prowind look to small wind power projects in Britain
Small wind turbine company Xzeres Corp. has announced a distribution agreement with British wind project developer Prowind (UK) Ltd. The two will be working on building a distributed wind investment portfolio using Xzeres 10 kilowatt wind turbines.
|Wind power potential
Watson noted that wind energy is not baseload. His observation is accurate, but the point being made is unclear. Numerous, extremely detailed technical studies and policy papers have been published worldwide that clearly demonstrate that distributed…
DWEA’s Permitting and Zoning Model Ordinance
INCENTIVES – Courtesy of the North Carolina Solar Center
The fundamental goals of DWEA are to:
- Develop a federal, state, and local policy environment that supports the responsible expansion of distributed wind energy
- Reduce or eliminate unwarranted barriers to the use of distributed wind energy
- Provide a unified voice for all members and sectors of the distributed wind industry
- Develop and promote industry “best practices” policies and standards that will foster the safe and effective installation and operation of distributed wind systems
- Participate in public and consumer education