The fundamental goals of DWEA are to:
- Develop a federal policy environment that supports the responsible expansion of distributed wind energy
- Reduce or eliminate unwarranted barriers to the use of distributed wind energy
- Provide a unified voice for all members and sectors of the distributed wind industry
- Develop and promote industry “best practices” policies and standards that will foster the safe and effective installation and operation of distributed wind systems
- Participate in public and consumer education
Looking to become a member?
You’re in the right place! Join the Distributed Wind Energy Association today and be part of the renewable energy revolution. As a member, you’ll gain access to exclusive benefits, networking opportunities, industry insights, and much more. Together, let’s shape a greener and more sustainable future. We believe in the power of wind energy and its ability to transform our world.
Apply for membership now and be a part of this exciting journey!
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Business-Cooperative Service Administrator Karama Neal on July 13 announced that USDA is making $21 million in technical assistance grants available through the Rural Energy for America Program (REAP) to help...
During a 2022 visit to Puerto Rico, Dr. Rachid Darbali-Zamora, a researcher at Sandia National Laboratories met with community members and discussed some of the challenges associated to deploying different renewable energy technologies in remote rural regions of the...
The U.S. Department of Energy Office of Clean Energy Demonstrations (OCED) on July 14 announced that DWEA was among 67 winners in the first phase of the $6.7 millionEnergizing Rural Communities Prize. This prize challenges individuals and organizations to develop...
Congressman Earl Blumenaur
“Distributed generation and small wind can contribute to an efficient and dependable energy supply in an era of climate and economic instability. While we haven’t scratched the surface on what the Federal government could be doing, the clean energy agenda is something everyone should support.”